I was disappointed as I started rendering tonight’s design. I thought the design concept might be a flop. However, upon working out the curves of metal in my mind as I rendered, and then adding the gouache highlights, I was pleased to see that this brooch design is one with a lot of potential, if not just “fine as is!”
There are many ways to wear a brooch beyond the traditional spot on a lapel. Here are some fun suggestions to try:
- Pin the brooch onto a fancy evening bag for added sparkle
- Affix the brooch onto a hat for a look that is uniquely yours
- Use the brooch to anchor a scarf artfully to your clothing
- Accent a focal point on a dress – such as the décolleté, the gathers at the hip, or a plunging back – with an artfully placed brooch
- Decorate a hair ribbon with a brooch for instant sophistication
If any of you have more suggestions for great ways to wear a brooch, please write in and let me know!
I love this design. I think it would make a great post earring, as well.
This would be great in different sizes. Can I afford it as it gets bigger, probably not, but I love it.
It would certainly make a nice scarf-pinning brooch, and you’d wear it beautifully:-)