As we’re getting close to the countdown of moving to NY city, I’m doubling and tripling up on my daily designs so that I have a cushion in my archive folder. I figure that with only 26 more days to go to meet my self-imposed challenge of posting a design a day on my blog for a year, I’m not going to be deterred from meeting that goal by something “little” like a cross-country move. I’m also finding myself doing my version of prayer and thinking a lot about how to survive this next chapter of my life.
What are the challenges?
- Not being able to take most of my jewelry-making equipment with me
- Not being able to use a torch in a NY aparment (so soldering is out)
- Not having a steady paycheck (yet)
- Living very frugally since our house hasn’t sold and we’ll be paying a mortgage and a NY city rent
- Living in one room with my husband and all of the belongings we need
- Living apart from each other when my husband comes back to Milwaukee to spend time with his kids
Depressing? Maybe, but I’m feeling blessed to have been given an opportunity to make my way in a new city, to live with the man I love, and to have all of my digits and mental faculties about me so that I can continue to find ways to create.
I’m also trying to remember…
Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.
(Henry J. Kaiser)