I finished working through Week 35 of the Empire Building Kit a few days ago, and, seemingly magically, a number of things fell into place that reinforced some of the messages I’ve heard all along in the course. To being with…
- I took a giant leap of faith leaving a secure job, and the next day received an interview for different work. What better reinforcement of the power of non-conformity, courage, following your passion, and patience all mixed together…Oh, and I got the job, too!
- I spent several days researching a digital drawing tablet, then discovered that a new friend who lives halfway around the world, uses and loves it, and can give me pointers on the specifics of what to buy. I don’t always “get” social networking, but in this instance it has served me well!
- I received a large check for sales of my jewelry from one of my galleries, which made me grateful that I’ve taken the time to seek out and pursue different venues for my work.
- I sold a pendant to a new client through a referral
- I posted one of my latest drawings to a forum of artists and received an immediate positive comment; a good reminder of the importance of putting your new products where they’ll been seen by the right people
I know that not all days or weeks are like this, but ones that are help to put everything into perspective. I guess it’s true that patience and forbearance pay off, although it might just be when you least expect it!