Happy Earth Day? Here’s why I care…
Living in mindful way includes caring for my surroundings, my environment and the life I share with others. Wouldn’t it be great if we lived every day as if it was Happy Earth Day?
Here’s how I’m trying to help…
- To save water, I turn off the water in my showers while I soap up.
- My husband and I rely on public transportation or walking to get around Manhattan.
- We recycle.
- We’ve gotten into the habit of bringing our own bags for our weekly food shopping.
- We compost our food scraps.
- We try to buy organic, non-GMO produce as much as possible. (Pesticides are bad for the environment and bad for the body…buying organic is also a way to vote with your dollars!)
- I purged our medicine cabinet of all products containing phthalates, parabens and sulfates.
- I shop the local farmer’s market whenever I can.
This week I’ll be taking our old small electronics to the local copy store to be properly recycled.
How about you?
How do you show your love for planet earth? What will you do to reduce your carbon footprint today?
P.S. This isn’t my first time writing about green living, but as you’ll see from my embracing my “Inner Earth Mother” post, I’ve now added to the list of things I’m doing to “give back” to the planet. After all, good habits take time to build.