Although there's only ONE man in my life, I still love to "ogle" the interesting specimens around me (for sketch book purposes, of course!)
Tagged daily sketching
From My Sketchbook (What I’m Sketching and Why…)
I filled the last few pages of a Crescent Rendr Sketchbook yesterday and will start in on a fresh one today. The Crescent Rendr brand sketchbooks are my go-to sketchbooks because they feature:
- bleed-proof, wrinkle-free pages which allow you to draw/paint on both sides of each page
- discreet size (perfect for a pocket or purse)
- sewn binding for open-flat access
I’ve discovered that I’m sort of addicted to sketching in public (or, to be more precise, sketching THE public.) I find it immensely appealing and gratifying because it:
- forces you to get faster with your gestures
- puts you in the moment
- makes waiting for the subway/train/plane fun
- gives you lots of free subject matter
- provides a record of your travels
As I flip back through this particular sketchbook I’m transported to our flight to Paris in June and walks along the Seine and in the Jardin du Luxembourg, then back to the cafes along Central Park, then to our hotel room in Saratoga, NY (for lots of TV watching of the Democratic and Republican conventions) and on to a very relaxing week spent in NH at my mom’s cottage. The last few pages are filled with my favorite subject – fellow commuters on the subway as I make my way around NYC.
From My Sketchbook
Multiple layers and hats was the fashion statement in NYC's brutal cold this week...
From My Sketchbook – Week 6
From my daily sketchbook...not just an exercise in drawing.